Panhandle-Plains Land Bank’s commitment to serve the needs of our area extends to all producers and potential producers in the Panhandle and South Plains. The association works to identify and meet the needs of young, beginning and small operations through the (YBS) Loan Program.
The association supports the YBS program in the community.
- Panhandle-Plains Land Bank's business plan, developed and supported by management and the board, directs employees to serve the needs of these applicants.
- Sponsorship of local youth activities and stock shows through donations, advertisements, staff involvement, and education venues.
- Panhandle-Plains funds a $4,000 annual scholarship at West Texas A&M University. Several loan officers are active in the West Texas A&M Ag Development Association.
- We support and are actively involved in producer meetings held in the area.
Who qualifies as a YBS borrower:
- Young Borrower: A farmer, rancher or producer or harvester of aquatic products age 35 or younger as of the loan transaction date.
- Beginning Borrower: A farmer, rancher or producer of aquatic products who has 10 or less years of farming, ranching or aquatic experience as of the loan transaction date.
- Small Borrower: A farmer, rancher or producer of aquatic products who normally generates less than $250,000 in annual gross sales of agricultural or aquatic products.
The YBS loan program:
- Allocates additional time as needed, from inquiry to closing, to assist applicants with the real estate purchase process.
- Recognizes and makes allowance for circumstances unique to the YBS borrower.
- Facilitates loan processing with Farm Service Agency, Ag Credit loan programs for down-payment assistance.
- Application forms
- Click on “Apply for a Loan” on the home page
- TAMU Extension Agriculture Economics
- The TAMU Extension Agriculture Economics Profitability website.